Sunday, July 4, 2010

Pets, Gotta Love 'Em!

Oh my gosh! FINALLY!! It took me forever to figure out how to make a new post!

Hm, okay well this is my first blog ever, not sure if I'm doing this right. I'm pretty sure I screwed up already with making the account and 'Following' thing but whatever, LET'S DO THIS!

So yesterday I was up until about 5AM talking to friends and playing video games. School's out, so I could sleep in the next day. Right? WRONG.

Not even two hours later I wake up to the howling and crying of my dog, Buddie. Usually, I consider him to be the cutest and most cuddly dog on the face of the earth.

Not so much at that moment.

After tripping over a couple stairs on my way down, I finally put his leash on and take him out.
You know what he does? Lays down on the drive way and stares at me, like there's nothing better to do...like SLEEP.
He didn't even make an attempt to pee!

So now I'm outside in my pajamas, blind as a bat because I don't have my contacts on and couldn't find my glasses, and my hair is a hot mess.
This is when I begin to question how I got myself into this situation.

I blame it on the pet phase.

Remember the pet phase?
For those of you who aren't familiar, it's this phase that usually happens in your childhood, where you think getting a pet will utterly complete your life...at least until the next video game system came out.

My pet phase started with the movie Air Bud, I mean who wouldn't want a puppy after watching a movie about a Golden Retriever that could play basketball? That's so BEAST!

Anyway, I beg my mom for a dog and by the time Christmas comes around we reach a compromise.

Now before I release this information, I want you all to remember that at the time I was a 7 year old little girl that really wanted a doggy. I realize now that my mother's idea was just for pure entertainment on her part.

The compromise was, if I could take care of a Tekno Dog (Remember those? They had just came out at the time. If you don't, here's a video), then I would get a real dog.
Taking care of Tekno involved feeding, training, and walking. At the time I lived in the NJ/NY area, so imagine a 7 year old walking a robotic dog outside in the snow as if it were the real thing.
Oh, and Tekno could not go outside without a scarf on, oh no, he'd be freezing! so my mother said.

-__-

I never did get the dog.

Well I did, 5 years and a whole state later, but I'm pretty sure walking Tekno (which I still have by the way) had nothing to do with it.

As these thoughts were going through my mind, I felt something soft on my leg and heard a squeaking sound.
Apparently Buddie had gone to pee while I was in thought and brought me his favorite toy he likes to sleep with.
He wanted to go 'night night'

Awww! I love my puppy! <3
I can't stay mad at that cuteness, besides he's talking my language...Sleep!

So the lesson here...is there even a lesson?

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I speak for many pet owners when I say no matter how much of a pain in the butt a pet could be at times and no matter how many times people may complain about the responsibility, there's no way they could even imagine giving their pet up or not getting it in the first place.
Pets become apart of the family, and I'm sure many of you feel the same exact way about your pets, whether you have a cat, dog, hamster, snake, a goldfish, or even a pet rock.

3 comments:

  1. HAHA ! Niceee ! :)) And I Can totally relate ! :))
    I actually learned some things in your blog post ! :)) Nice Job with your first attempt !! :D
    -~Zaakirah Muhammad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dog is adorable, what breed is he?
    Next time he wakes you up early you could just bring him into bed with you. Of course you run the risk of waking up with wet sheets.....eeew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha thanks you guys! =]
    Buddie is a Bichon Frise and Cocker Spaniel mix and oh man it would so definitely be gross waking up with wet sheets! Ewww!!

    ReplyDelete