Wednesday, July 14, 2010

China!


I just came back from China and it was the most AMAZING experience of my life! I hiked the Great Wall, traveled through the Forbidden City, and interned at Ogilvy! I have family in Beijing which made my experience ten times better. On top of all of that, I went with my best friend! It was just an incredible trip!

I was in China for 20 days and the majority of those days were spent interning for Ogilvy. Ogilvy is a worldwide Public Relations firm. They have clients such as, Adidas, Coca-Cola, Gucci, Prada, Swatch Watch, and Motorola, just to name a few. I helped some of the other summer inters produce a video about Ogilvy. It was an informational video aimed at college students interested in interning for Ogilvy. I helped plan out the video and film interviews. Working for a PR firm was a great experience!

On my free time, I explored Beijing. I went to the Beijing Zoo where I saw pandas, monkeys, and zebras. I also went to Tiananmen Square, which is where one of the largest protests in history took place! Then, I went to the Forbidden City and contrary to what many believe, it really is a city. It's huge! I never thought I was going to get out. I also explored the Hutongs which gave me a real sense of what ancient chinese life was like. But the best part of my trip was seeing one of the seven wonders of the world, the Great Wall of China! I took a chairlift up to the wall, then walked about two miles of it, and then I slid down the mountain which was so cool!

Going to China was such an amazing trip! I will never forget the summer I went to China!

No comments:

Post a Comment