Saturday, June 16, 2012

Imagine Dragons

While browsing Facebook one day, I came across an ad for The Color Run (October 21 in Miami), a 5k where colors are thrown at you as you run around Miami. While I immediately marked that down on my calendar and texted all of my friends, it was the song on their promotion video that caught my attention.
After song hard searching on YouTube, I found the song On Top of the World by Indie Rock band Imagine Dragons. It was upbeat and cheerful, and the music was unlike anything I had ever heard, really breaking music boundaries and making its self-relatable. I began another YouTube search for every one of their songs, finding each better than the last.
Imagine Dragons is a 2012 rising band, popular on the West Coast, yet quickly spreading in popularity. Based out of Las Vegas, Nevada, they were quickly signed by Alex da Kid, the Grammy winning producer of stars such as Rihanna and Eminem.
Main singer Dan Reynolds is accompanied by guitarist Wayne Sermon, guitarist Ben McKee, and drummer Daniel Platzman. These four complete opposites came together to make a band that really works, connecting to its audience.
They have one EP out, Continued Silence with six hits and are currently on tour. They will be visiting Florida last hitting Tampa October 24 and Orlando, in the House of Blues, on October 25. You can ceck them out at imaginedragonsmusic.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment